Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Delta Skymiles: Gimme s'more!



My boyfriend and I have been talking about traveling and the cost associated with it a LOT lately. Mostly because I want to take a vacation, but the cost just seems too out of our budget to make one happen. I have been trying everything imaginable to come up with a solution to the cost of travel, including going someplace where we can stay with friends and/or family. My most immediate is to try to tally up another 9000 frequent flier miles in any way I can.



The easiest way would be to sign up for the Delta Skymiles card, which I am reluctant to do. It would be the easiest 20,000 miles I could get, but I am wary about opening another credit card at all. I just don’t like them very much. The card that I am using currently is not a rewards card of any sort. I am losing out on a lot of free miles with even the small amounts that I put on my credit card. That is one option. I’m going to mill that one over for a bit.

I am a member of e-Miles. A site where you look at offers for 5 miles a pop. If you decide to partake in the offers, you earn even more miles. Today, I saw one from Nordstrom’s that if you bought a certain amount online, you received 1000 miles. There are other offers, too. I just choose to try and accumulate the absolutely free miles. It takes quite some time, but to me it’s worth it to not have to spend any money to get the miles. That’s the whole point of free, now isn’t it?

There is a site called e-Rewards as well. I have been doing surveys for this site for a really long time. I haven’t done many recently, though. I used to do them for shopping gift cards. This site delivers every time. Within days of cashing in my rewards dollars, that gift card is in my mailbox. Most recently I noticed that I can put those rewards dollars to good vacation use by “buying” more miles. I will keep on keeping on with those surveys and hopefully make enough to chip away at those 9000 miles I still need to get 2 free rewards flights.

Even after all of this effort, I am still looking for other ways to accumulate free Delta Skymiles. I googled it and came up with another website that you can cash in for free miles. Club Bing. I have not yet joined, but from what I read it seems easy enough. You join, you play games, you earn tickets, and then cash them in for prizes. My prize will be a free vacation for my boyfriend and me.

Next up, trying to figure out how to earn more HHonors rewards points without having to spend. That, my friends, will be for another day. For now- let’s just focus on getting those miles.

If you have any tips or ideas that I haven’t come across, I’d love the feedback. Anything that gets me to a free trip FAST!

No comments:

Post a Comment