Tuesday, November 15, 2011

NBA Lockout



I will be the first to admit that I am NOT a basketball fan. Roo is, however. The NBA lockout makes everyone sad around basketball. Fans are losing each and every day but they're not the only ones. It's really a Lose-Lose-Lose situation. We all lose individually and as a whole. Networks lose, players lose, the NBA loses, vendors lose, apparel companies lose. The list goes on and on. Now they want to disband the NBPA. All these players are losing out and they want to get theirs. Everyone wants to get theirs. But the players will sue the NBA for damages. When did the world come to such a terrible place? It's a sport. It's a past time. It's great that you make millions of dollars and can wear those fancy close and huge diamond studs. My thoughts about basketball are with the kids that want so badly to become sports stars. What can I say, I wanted to be on Star Search. It was completely valid when I was a child. It worked for Brittany. Well, kind of. I digress.


The point of my little rant here is that there are so many blue collar workers involved with the NBA season. It's not just the players that are losing out. There are so many people that aren't getting paid for a job they would have now been doing for over 130 some days! Can you imagine if your meager salary went without 130 plus days worth of pay? That'd be one lousy Christmas for the kiddos.


To sum it up, I may not like basketball, but I hate the people that run it. Along with most of the athletes that play it. If they can sue the NBA for their losses, why can't the nacho vendor sue the NBA for the amount they are out so far for the season? Arg.

No comments:

Post a Comment