Monday, March 14, 2011

“March” Grocery Shop



It is already halfway through the month and I have only just done my grocery shop for the month of March this past weekend. I had already done all the prep for it, so I didn’t change anything when I found out that last month’s shop lasted a half a month longer than expected.

This time I was able to shop both Aldi and Pick’n’Save and buy every item I needed. Not only that, my fear that there wouldn’t be enough room in the fridge and freezer was unwarranted because everything fit without a problem. I will admit, however, that I purchased a few items without putting them on the list. Some were at Roo’s request, and some were at my discretion- like the fudge brownie mix that was on sale. It’s good to have a treat every now and then.



The total for this shop came to $125, but there is a lot more food this time and some specialty items (like corned beef and cabbage- YUM St. Patty’s food!!) This reminds me, I must look up a recipe for making that in the slow cooker.



Otherwise, the weekend was pretty good and frugal. Roo and I hit up a new GoodWill grand opening and scored some amazing deals. 3 pairs of name brand shorts (one brand new w/tags) one pair of name brand jeans for Roo (brand new with tags) all for $20! Plus with our purchase we received 4 free Brewers tickets. They had free subs there as well as the “famous” racing sausages that you could have your picture taken with. It was busy, but the place was very clean and super nice. I was impressed. I hope it stays that way. Unfortunately, no bread machine. I was given the suggestion to look for one at GW and haven’t had any luck yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment